WHAT CAN YOUR DOLLARS DO?
$5 per week provides:
• One girl from a family with limited resources to attend summer camp.
• 43 meals to women and children residing in a domestic violence shelter.
• Utility assistance for a family
• One month of high quality child care designed to get children ready for kindergarden
$10 per week provides:
• Two scholarships for youth to participate in a week long Summer Camp.
• One child to attend a two week therapeutic camp for abused children.
• Travel assistance for 52 patients with birth defects to visit a clinic.
• Food, housing, and treatment for three weeks for a person in recovery.
$25 per week provides:
• Afterschool programming for a child for a year.
• Eight families with utility assistance for one month.
• Ten adaptive eyeglasses for those born with birth defects.
$365 per year provides:
• Medical assessment and admission fee for one person seeking help for addiction.
• Five therapy sessions for a child who has been a victim of sexual abuse.
• 12 hearing screenings for early detection of hearing loss.
$1,000 per year provides:
• 174 meals delivered to homebound elderly.
• One child with a mentor for one year.
• One month of therapy for a sexually abused child.
$2,500 per year provides:
• Five months of speech and swallow therapy for individuals ranging from infant to the elderly
• Residential treatment and medical assistance for one person in an addiction rehabilitation program.
• An elderly individual one day a week at an adult daycare facility.
$5,000 per year provides:
• Shelter for one family in a transitional housing program.
• 6,500 children with the opportunity to see the Kids on the Block puppet show and learn to recognize abuse.
• Three hearing aids to patients suffering with hearing loss.
$7,500 per year provides:
• 12 months of adult day services for five individuals.
• Six months of theraphy for seven children who have been sexually abused.
• An individual with disabilities an internship experience to again future employment.
$10,000 per year provides:
• One year of nutritious meals for six teenage mothers and their children who are in a group living environment
• 1,739 meals delivered to home bound elderly
• Food and shelter to 50 families who have experienced a disaster, such as a house fire, for one day in a shelter