Sign me up for updates. Signup now

You are here

Dial 2-1-1 for Help


Meet Tammy


“My Daughter Yaretzi was born in January of 2009. In April of that year, the doctor called to share that the hospital testing results showed high levels of sodium. He referred us to a specialist in Atlanta, where Yaretzi was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. At the time, my daughter did not have health coverage. The specialist would not see her without payments made the day of the visit which cost $850. I did not have the financial resources to help my child.”

“One day my daughter became really sick with a bad cough. I took her to the health department and explained our situation. The doctor was very kind and informed me about United Way. It is great to know that I live in a community where people are generous and want to work together to help children like Yaretzi.”

“Thanks to United Way my daughter was seen by the specialist, and we developed a care plan. Luckily, I was provided insurance coverage through my employer to pay for future medical visits. Today, I am proud to be able to give to United Way through payroll deduction at my work, so that I too can help other children."


A gift to United Way of $5 per week will provide travel assistance for 52 patients with birth defects to visit a clinic.


Thanks to your gift to United Way last year:

2,367 people who contacted United Way of NWGA were connected to community services, impacting 7,100 individuals.

465 children received hearing, vision, and dental screenings.




Answering The Call In A Very Big Way

United Way connects people who need help with people who want to help.
United Way 211 is staffed by trained, bilingual call center specialists who assist callers by using the most comprehensive database of social services in our community.


Fast Facts:

United Way 211 is an information and referral service.

Information and referral specialists have comprehensive knowledge in areas such as basic needs, physical and mental health, domestic violence services, child care, counseling, and mentoring.

The top three requests are for utility, rent, and food assistance.

If you know someone who needs help, please have them call our three digit number, 211, or 706.CAN.HELP

2-1-1 Resource Guide

2-1-1 Resource Guide (Spanish)