United Way stabilizes families in crisis by supporting programs in basic needs.
Before getting our Habitat home, I was living with my mom and my 4 children in a small apartment. I had never heard of Habitat for Humanity, but I knew that I wanted a home for my children to grow up in. We worked on the house every spare minute we had. We also worked on other families’ homes. Owning our home has been such a blessing. It is a place where my kids and I relax and play together. We take pride in knowing that it is our permanent home. My children have also all attended the Friendship House, a United Way Community Partner, for affordable day care. I have been so fortunate to have a great place where they learn and make friends while I am at work.
A GIFT OF $25 PER WEEK TO UNITED WAY WILL PROVIDE ONE MONTH OF UTILITIES FOR EIGHT FAMILIES.
Thanks to your gift to United Way last year:
• 5,734 individuals were able to reduce their long-term need for food, housing, or utility assistance through life skills education and financial counseling
• 35 individuals were provided with repairs or improvements to their home
Give today and change lives at ourunitedway.org/give.
Basic Needs Strategic Guideline: Reduce the long term need for food, housing, and utility assistance through life skills education and financial counseling.
YOUR GIFT WILL:
- Provide shelter for families facing homelessness
- Help those coping with disasters and house fires
- Feed homebound elderly
- Provide shelter and life skills for individuals rebuilding their lives after domestic abuse